Ground Glass Back for 4x6 Speed Graphics : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

Does anyone know a good place to buy replacement ground glass focusing backs for a 4x6 Graflex Speed Graphic?

-- Alan Kong (, March 03, 2001


There is no such thing as a "4x6" Graflex.

-- Alec (, March 03, 2001.

Alan: Check with Midwest Photo Exchange. They usually carry ground glass. If not, cut a piece of thin glass and get some valve gringing compound from an auto parts store. Lay the glass on another piece of glass with the compound between and rub for a while in circles. You can easily make your own.


-- Doug Paramore (, March 03, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ