Conchiodal/Subconchoidal : LUSENET : Introductory Geology, Oswego State : One Thread

I understand that conchiodal is the fracture that is curvered but i don't understad the difference between that and subconchiodal?

-- Amanda Fields (, February 13, 2001


On the minerals lab backgrounder it talks about fracture. It says that subconchoidial fractures have a rounded breakage surface, and that conchoidial fractures have a rounded breakage surface with faint, concentric striations on it.

-- Hannah VanDam (, February 13, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ