Code book : LUSENET : Elevator Problem Discussion : One Thread

I need to find out where to get the code book so I can take my state license test here in CT. I need it to study. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- Leslie Grey, Jr. (, December 18, 2000


responce to query for code book

Leslie, contact A.S.M.E. @ 22 Law Dr. Fairfield, NJ 07007. You'll need to get a copy of the "A17.1 Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators". Check with Ct. Dept of Consumer Protection to find out what year code book is required and to be sure it's still the one and only book you need. Ct. test was two hour closed book in the past, don't know about today. Good Luck. PS- If you can come across a copy of the "handbook for elevators and escalators" you'll find some diagrams in there that were on previous tests.

-- Kevin Doherty (, December 23, 2000.

CT State Test

To sit in on the Elevator Unlimited Journeyperson Test. You have to work for a R1 Contractor for 2 Years and have 2 years of approved schooling by the Board.You need to contact STATE OF CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER PROTECTION.

-- Steve (MANUPDOWN@AOL.COM), December 24, 2000.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ