620 film

greenspun.com : LUSENET : B&W Photo - Film & Processing : One Thread

alright everybody?

i've got a pair of old box brownies that i'd like to use in an assignment i have... unfortunately they take 620 film. does anybody know where i could get such a film, or should i convert a 120 spool? it's a little larger than the 620, so i could perhaps cut it to fit, although i've no experience in large format film...




-- Gareth (garethcroeser@ireland.com), November 07, 2000


Same size film, different spool. If you can find a pair of 620 spools, then you can transfer a roll of 120 onto one of them, but is it worth the bother? Why not just buy a 120 brownie for $5 or so?
BTW, 120 is medium format not large format, that accolade is reserved for sheet film, thank you.

-- Pete Andrews (p.l.andrews@bham.ac.uk), November 07, 2000.

Try B&H and Film For Classics for 620 film. Rerolling 120 onto 620 spools is easy once you understand how 120 film is attached to the paper leader.

-- Gene Crumpler (nikonguy@worldnet.att.net), November 08, 2000.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ