The Faithfulness of God (as relates to believers)greenspun.com : LUSENET : TB2K spinoff uncensored : One Thread
1. God is faithful to forgive sins. 1 Jo 1:9 - "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
2. God is faithful to keep us saved. 2 Tm 2:13 - "If we are faithless, He remains faithful; for He cannot deny Himself."
3. God is faithful to deliver us through temptations. 1 Cor 10:13 - "No temptation has overcome you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able..."
4. God is faithful to keep His promises to us. Heb 10:23 - "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who has promised is faithful."
5. God is faithful to us in suffering. 1 Pt 4:19 - "Therefore, let those also who suffer according to the will of God entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right."
6. God is faithful in fulfilling His plan for us. 1 Th 5:24 - "Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass."
7. God is faithful to strengthen us. 2 Th 3:3 - "But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one."
8. God is the faithful partner of our union with Christ. 1 Cor 1:9 - "God is faithful, through whom you were called into the fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."
9. Christ is a faithful and merciful high priest. Heb 2:17 - "Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest..."
10. Jesus Christ is synonymous with faithfulness. Rev 19:11 - "And I saw heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True; and in righteousness He judges and wages war."
-- (email@example.com), September 11, 2000
Bygrace, have you replaced Al-D as the resident lay preacher?
-- (firstname.lastname@example.org), September 11, 2000.
al-d is to email@example.com as Rodney Dangerfield is to Robin Williams.
-- Bingo1 (firstname.lastname@example.org), September 11, 2000.
Maybe so Bingo--but it's still preaching. Just plain old proselytizing, brainwashing, preaching. Say it over, and over, and over, enough and maybe, just maybe someone will be brain dead enough to fall for it. Advertising again, plain old advertising. Step right up and get your dose of dogma, folks!
..."in righteousness He judges and wages war." Now ain't that nice. Don't you just love the harmony that religion creates in the world.
-- gilda (email@example.com.), September 11, 2000.