Biblical spiritualitygreenspun.com : LUSENET : TB2K spinoff uncensored : One Thread
Jo 4:24 - "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
1. At the moment of salvation, God the Holy Spirit indwells the body of the believer in Jesus Christ. (Ro 8:9; 1 Cor 3:16, 6:19)
2. Two power systems reside inside every believer; the power of the flesh (sin nature), and the power of the Spirit of God. (Ro 7:17,23; Ro 15:13)
3. The option and objective of the spiritual life is to volitionally choose not to live in the energy of the flesh, but in the power of the Spirit. (Ro 8:4-8). This is a decision to live by faith.
4. There are four major commands in scripture concerning spiritual life.
A. Be filled with the Spirit (Eph 5:18). This is a life of study in God's word (Jo 16:13), obedience and fellowship (1 Jo 1:7), and confession and correction when we sin (1 Jo 1:9; 1 Cor 11:31).
B. Grieve not the Spirit (Eph 4:30). The context shows that personal sins grieve the Spirit, thus breaking fellowship with God, for then the sin nature is in control. Again, confession and correction are necessary.
C. Quench not the Spirit. (1 Th 5:19). Here the context suggests that the Spirit is quenched by sins of omission, neglect of spiritual disciplines, apathy toward spiritual responsibilities. Compare 2 Tm 1:6,7.
D. Walk in the Spirit (Gal 5:16,25). Walking in the Spirit is the maintenance of fellowship with God, persistence in the filling of the Spirit. This is also called "walking in the light." (1 Jo 1:7)
5. Walking in the Spirit will result in consistent spiritual growth (Eph 3:14-19; 2 Pt 1:5-7; 3:18)
6. The evidence of walking in the Spirit will be increasing spiritual fruit in the believer's life (Gal 5:22,23; 1 Cor 13:4-8)
7. The spiritual life is a life of "abiding in Christ" (Jo 15:1-17), and is marked by study, effective prayer, productivity, joy and love.
8. The spiritual life is the means by which Jesus Christ is formed in us, and lives through us (Gal 2:20, 4:19).
-- (firstname.lastname@example.org), August 26, 2000
thank-GOD-for grace--because I,VE never met anyone who walks in spirit-=24/7 growth is a process' of many=corrections!!
-- al-d. (email@example.com), August 26, 2000.
GIVE IT A REST, AL-D(emented)LINK
See AL's favorite web site
-- cpr (firstname.lastname@example.org), August 27, 2000.
well i believe=we'll find out who's demented-at the throne-judgment- day!!
-- al-d. (email@example.com), August 27, 2000.
"well i believe=we'll find out who's demented-at the throne-judgment- day!!"
And on that day, when you are kneeling before CPR, you will remember this post and whail.
-- Falcon (Falcon@dezzs.net), August 27, 2000.