Deathgreenspun.com : LUSENET : TB2K spinoff uncensored : One Thread
Webster's dictionary defines death as "a permanent cessation of all vital functions; the end of life." Though it is often associated with extinction, death in teh Bible never means the end of existence. Instead, it means separation from or the inability to function in a particular realm. Seven death are described in the Word of God:
1. Spiritual death is separation from God. As a result of the Fall, all human beings are born spiritually dead, captives of "the domain of darkness." - Gen 2:17; Col 1:13; Rom 6:23
2. Positional death is separation from sin and the sin nature. Every believer is made spiritually alive and placed in Christ at salvation. We now have the ability to choose every moment whether we will serve our old sin nature, which will not be taken away until we die physically, or our new nature. - Ro 6:1-4; Ro 6:10-11; Gal 2:20; Col 2:12,20;3:3
3. Temporal death is carnality, separation from fellowship with God. Every time we as believers give in to temptation to sin, we enter temporal death. Ja 1:15; Ro 8:2,6,13; 1 Tm 5:6
4. Operational death is separation of our profession of faith from the practice of that faith. Ja 2:26; Eph 5:14; 1 Jo 1:5-6
5. Sexual death is the inability to function sexually. Ro 4:19-20; Heb 11:11-12
6. Physical death is the separation of soul and body, the inability to function in the physical realm. Heb 9:27; Gen 5:5
7. The second death is the judgement of unbelievers, eternal separation from God. Rev 19:20
-- (firstname.lastname@example.org), August 21, 2000
Geez I never realized there were so many kinds of death.I would have to say that #3 and #5 would be the worst.Especially # 5 !!! LOL
-- Dan Newsome (BOONSTAR1@webtv.net), August 21, 2000.
A coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero dies but one.
-- Tarzan the Ape Man (email@example.com), August 21, 2000.
8. Accidental Death
From the 2000 Darwin Award Nominee (For discussion purposes)
2000 Darwin Awards Nominee
Unconfirmed by Darwin
(24 January 2000, Ohio) The Los Angeles Police Department contacted Ohio police hoping to locate a missing truck driver and his load of broccoli. The stalled truck was located four days later and towed to a local mechanic. They thawed and refueled the truck and found that, apart from an empty gas tank, the vehicle had no mechanical problems. The drivers personal effects and seven bricks of marijuana were discovered in the cab of the vehicle. The trucking company and the police were both interested in the whereabouts of the errant driver, and a search was initiated.
Shortly thereafter a patrolman noticed two feet protruding between the pallets of broccoli -- feet which belonged to the missing man. The broccoli was unloaded as quickly as possible in the cold Ohio winter, leaving the frozen body of the driver standing precisely upside down, attached to the floor of the trailer by his head.
He was surrounded by space heaters and eventually pried off the floor, but his frozen corpse had to be turned on its side to load it into a rescue squad vehicle, as his arm was sticking out and wouldn't fit through the door.
The Cuyahoga County coroner's office determined that the man was trying to retrieve a stash of cocaine from between the pallets of broccoli when he fell and knocked himself unconscious. He soon suffered from a fatal case of hypothermia and died in the icy air. Perhaps he should have confined his drug smuggling to the more clement climate of California.
Reference: Richfield Township, Ohio Police Department Incident #00514, Medina Co. Sheriff's Office report by Deputy Brady England
)DarwinAwards.com 1994 - 2000
-- (firstname.lastname@example.org), August 21, 2000.
K: i was wonderin where my hubby had been :-)
KB: you forgot to post the recent update @ 5:39 p.m.
upon further investigation, it was discovered the unidentified 'victim' was really Al-d in search of his missing duck...
Further updates to follow.
-- consumer (email@example.com), August 21, 2000.
Death by chocolate.
-- (firstname.lastname@example.org), August 21, 2000.
SATAN--LOVES--RELIGION!!POMP & CEREMONY-FALSE=GOODNESS!! WORKS OF THE FLESH------POVERTY-VOWS-------POPISM. MANS---TRADITIONS----OPPOSED--TO---FREE=GRACE!!!! YUP SATAN HAS HIS FOOT=WAY IN THE DOOR!!!
-- al-d. (email@example.com), August 21, 2000.
I'm not really responding to this thread at all, as I am already dead for reasons #1, #2, #3 & #7.
-- Malcolm Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org), August 22, 2000.
Malcolm, but since you're apparently not dead for reasons #4, 5(this one might be the begining of the end, since you just got married) and 6, I insist that you're only half dead. Or half alive. But wait, if you don't believe in those chinanigans, then that makes you fully alive!
-- (I.think@therefore.I.am), August 22, 2000.
Death is merely god's way of telling you to slow down.
-- jumpoffjoe (email@example.com), August 27, 2000.