The barriergreenspun.com : LUSENET : TB2K spinoff uncensored : One Thread
Man's barrier with God
1. Our sin. Ro 5:12 - "Therefore as through one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death through sin, so death spread to all men, because all sinned." Ro 3:23 - "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
2. Sin's penalty. Ro 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death (eternal), but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." 1 Cor 15:22 - "For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive."
3. God's character. Ro 3:10 - "...There is none righteous, not even one." Ro 10:3 - "For not knowing about God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God."
The barrier removed
1. Jesus Christ redeemed, justified us. Ro 3:24 - "Being justified as a gift by His grace, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus." Ro 5:1 - "There having been justified by faith (in Christ), we have peace with God..."
2. Jesus Christ paid our penalty. Gal 3:13 - "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us..." 1 Cor 15:3,4 - "...Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures."
3. Jesus Christ became our righteousness. 2 Cor 5:21 - "He (God) made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." Eph 2:13-14 - "But now in Christ Jesus you...have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace...(who) broke down the barrier..."
-- (firstname.lastname@example.org), August 08, 2000
-- al-d. (email@example.com), August 08, 2000.