THE NEW PRIESTgreenspun.com : LUSENET : TB2K spinoff uncensored : One Thread
A new priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak. After mass, he asked the monsignor how he had done. The monsignor replied,
"When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip."
So the next Sunday, he took the monsignor's advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm. Upon returning to his office, he found the following note on his door.
1) Sip the vodka, don't gulp.
2) There are 10 Commandments, not 12.
3) There are 12 Disciples, not 10.
4) Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.
5) Jacob wagered his donkey, he did not bet his ass.
6) We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J. C.
7) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as Daddy, Junior, and Spook.
8) David slew Goliath, he did not kick the shit out him.
9) When David was hit by a rock and knocked off his donkey, don't say he was stoned off his ass.
10) We do not refer to the cross as the 'Big T'.
11) When Jesus broke the bread at the Last Supper, he said, "Take this and eat it, for it is my body." He did not say, "Eat me."
12) The Virgin Mary is not referred to as 'Mary with the Cherry'.
13) Recommended grace before a meal is not 'Rub-A-Dub-Dub, thanks for the grub, yeah God'.
14) Next Sunday there will be a taffy-pulling contest at St. Peter's, not a peter-pulling contest at St. Taffy's.
-- Debra (firstname.lastname@example.org), July 19, 2000
Excellent! Quitting time in 15 minutes and a great big chuckle to go home with... Thanks!!!
6) We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J. C. ROTF!!!!!!!!
-- Not Now, Not Like This (AgentSmith0110@aol.com), July 19, 2000.
What a scream!!!!!!!!!!!!LMAO, I prefer #5, thanks Deb.
-- consumer (email@example.com), July 19, 2000.
This is great, Debra. I remember seeing this some time ago, but I needed it right now. Still can't stop laughing!
-- Patricia (PatriciaS@lasvegas.com), July 19, 2000.
This was new to ME, Debra. Great humor!
The situation reminds me of the movie The Other Sister. The beau of the "other sister" had a few drinks to encourage bravery, and got just a little out of hand regarding what he said.
-- Anita (Anita_S3@hotmail.com), July 19, 2000.