Faithgreenspun.com : LUSENET : TB2K spinoff uncensored : One Thread
A traveler crossed a frozen
Stream in trembling fear one day,
A teamster later drove across
And whistled all the way.
Great faith and little faith alike
Were granted safe convoy.
One had the pangs of needless fear,
The other all the joy.
1. Faith is contrary to human reason and logic. Ro.4:18; Mt. 11:25
2. Faith does not depend on sight. Ro. 4:18; 2Cor. 4:18
3. Faith is simply trusting God's Word. Ro. 4:18; Gal. 3:16; Ro. 10:17; Heb. 4:2
4. Faith looks impossibility in the face, yet requires no proof. Ro. 4:19; Heb. 11:11
5. Faith is possible only when we consider ourselves dead. Ro. 4:19; 6:7,8,11
6. Faith does not waver. Ro. 4:20; James 1:6-8
7. Faith is conviction, not profession. Ro. 4:21; 1 Cor. 4:19,20
-- heaven bound (firstname.lastname@example.org), July 14, 2000
Yes, faith is all that and more but it does not guarantee safe convoy.
-- Lars (email@example.com), July 14, 2000.