manual water well drilling system : LUSENET : Countryside : One Thread

Do you know of any manufacturers of manual water well drilling systems. I have dug two by hand. One with a six inch auger (34 feet) and one with a two inch auger into to which I drove a drive point on two inch pipe. I hit rock in the first at 34 feet and in the second at 39 feet. I would need a system that can get through slate.

Thanks Ellis

-- Ellis Williford (, June 24, 2000


Don't know of any manual systems, but just read about one using a 3-point hitch on a tractor. I am trying to get some more information on that. There is a company called deeprock ( that makes a small gas-powered well-drilling outfit that will go through slate, but not hard rock. I don't know what they cost. Have been toying with the idea of making my own someday, but no time now.

-- Wayne in Kentucky (, February 13, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ