UK begginner needs advice: DV to DVCAM. : LUSENET : Shooting DV Films : One Thread

Ive got an old Mimi DV camcorder (JVCDV1) with no firewire. Can I record from it onto a Sony DSR PD100 DVCAM tape using one of the PD100's inputs? Then I could capture it onto my computer. Am I making sense? Probably not. Thanks anyw

-- Simon Patrick Miles (, April 30, 2000


I don't know how old this question is.

the short answer is no. you would need either firewire out from the mini dv camera and firewire in to the dvcam . if you want to transfer stuff from your minicam to a computer you will need a capyure card with a composite ( analogue ) in, i suspect. it depends what your mini cam outputs are. i think thats what you're asking.


-- dave beech (, August 05, 2003.

I think there is an analogue in function on the pd100 - via the s- video jack.

-- Matt Conway (, August 23, 2003.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ