LAGOS - Fire Outbreak In Ojodu Due To Gas Leakage, Properties Worth Millions : LUSENET : Grassroots Information Coordination Center (GICC) : One Thread

[Fair use for education and research purpose only]

Title: Fire Outbreak In Ojodu

Source: Africa News Service

Story Filed: Thursday, April 06, 2000 9:08 PM EST

Lagos (P.M. News, April 6, 2000) - More than 10 shops were early this morning gutted by fire and properties worth millions of Naira destroyed at Aina Street in the Ojodu area of Lagos State.

The inferno, sources informed PM News, started around 1.00 a.m. and was caused by a gas leakage in one of the shops which has a fast food joint at No 1 Aina Street.

Speaking with P.M.News on the incident, one of the owners of the shops gutted by the fire, Mr. Jubril Fashanu said the Lagos State Fire Service was immediately invited to put out the fire but unfortunately they could not save the situation.

Although nobody was injured in the fire outbreak, properties ranging from television sets, generators clothes and other valuable items were destroyed by the inferno, apart from other consumable items destroyed in the various stores located on the street.

Copyright ) 2000 P.M. News. Distributed via Africa News Online.


-- (, April 07, 2000

Moderation questions? read the FAQ