PMKgreenspun.com : LUSENET : B&W Photo - Film & Processing : One Thread
First time PMK film (in liquid form) developer user. After I got it I read somewhere that it is fairly toxic. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. The Formulary included a paper about 2 other products that sounded interesting: DiXactol Film developer and ABC Pyro Plus film developer. Looking for feedback from users. thanks carol
-- carol maurin (firstname.lastname@example.org), April 05, 2000
Gordon Hutching Book The Book of Pyro goes through all the toxicity issues. PYRO is deadly toxic if taken internally. shawn
-- shawn gibson (SeeInsideForever@yahoo.com), April 05, 2000.
Any developer is toxic if taken internally, they are for developing film, not drinking, as for absorption through the skin it is very slight and unless you have a sensitivity to pyro there is not a lot to worry about. Be careful and use your head and gloves. Pat
-- pat j. krentz (email@example.com), April 05, 2000.
Pyrogallol is the most toxic substance used in photography. Don't drink it; don't soak your hands in it, and don't breath the dry pyro dust. Still, there are much more toxic chemicals used daily in household cleaning. Never combine chlroine bleach and amonia! The resulting gas will kill you in seconds! Still pyro scares people who use household cleaners daily without concern. Go figure!
-- Michael D Fraser (firstname.lastname@example.org), April 16, 2000.