Don't look now---UP goes the DOW!greenspun.com : LUSENET : TB2K spinoff uncensored : One Thread
Remember the DOW, the Stock market crash that was going to happen, as in, a foregone conclusion? And VERY soon after 1/1/00?
Dow - 11,119
NASDAQ - 4940
S&P 500- 1527
NYSE - 652
CBOE gold index - 38.93
So "wha hoppen?"
-- Dow Guy (firstname.lastname@example.org), March 23, 2000
I'm sure there'll be a correction eventually; nothing like this lasts forever. But . . . it's gonna get harder and harder for even the most dedicated doomers to blame future market movement on Y2K.
-- E.H. Porter (Just Wondering@About.it), March 23, 2000.
Alan Greenspan knows!
-- The Shadow (email@example.com), March 23, 2000.
Ride 'em, cowboy!
The indices have looked more like bucking broncos to me since 1/1/2000. Instead of "firstname.lastname@example.org", it looks more to me like "up and down and up and down and up...".
-- Brian McLaughlin (email@example.com), March 23, 2000.
Richard Mayberry says there is a 25% chance of market crash this year. 75% of a crash next year. TPTB want Clinton safely out of the WH when it HAPPENS!
-- NH (firstname.lastname@example.org), March 23, 2000.
Y2k concerns weighed heavily on financial markets in Aug., Sept. and Oct. of 1999. It can be argued that without October's 'STRIPs options,' Y2k concerns would have seriously impacted the market even before the rollover.
Fed's Y2K liquidity measures keep markets calm
-- (email@example.com), March 24, 2000.
And the markets have been laughing at the Fed ever since. "25 basis points? Gimme a break! Like we take that weak stuff seriously. Go 'way, little man..."
The Fed has been tapping the brakes, and has found that they're really spongy. Not good. May have to step down a lot harder.
-- DeeEmBee (firstname.lastname@example.org), March 24, 2000.