crown graphic flip up shade, can it be replace? : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

I am looking at a crown graphic camera. teh flip up focusing hood over the ground glass has been removed. this is a feature I really like of this camera. is it possible to replace this part. I have not seen any offered on their own.


I really like this crown and hope I can add the visor.

-- paul schuster (, March 18, 2000


If the camera has a graflock back, the answer is yes. If it has a spring back or a graphic back, I don't know. Check out for more on these cameras.

-- David Brown (, March 18, 2000.

I have the same problem on my MPP, best I can suggest is to do a lengthy trawl through many camera shops' websites and eventually you should fint something - even if it means buying a duffed up crown which has a back - atleast then you also get a source of some spare parts or an oversized paperweight.

-- David Kirk (, March 21, 2000.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ