rights of way

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Southern Railway : One Thread

I am looking for the rights of way documents for the Alabama Great Southern Railroad specifically Hale County, Alabama. I need to know the width of the right of way. I have searched records in Hale County Probate Office with no luck. Thank you for your help. Arlene Cook

-- Arlene Cook (1cook@zebra.net), March 02, 2000


You can easily find your answer in the ICC Valuation records done from 1917-1918. These records are housed in the National Archives in College Park, MD. Call information for the phone number. As of last year, the man in charge of the records was David Pfiffer, and he is most helpful. I would ask specifically for copies of the Valuation Maps, as the ICC records encompass maps, engineering notes, equipment notes, etc. Good luck.

-- Matt Bumgarner (stealthnfo@aol.com), March 02, 2000.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ