Audio--echo and mixer question for XL-1 : LUSENET : Shooting DV Films : One Thread


I'm shooting my first DV feature and have MA 100 and xlr cable and senheizer 66 mike.

I've noticed sometimes when shooting in a room there is a room echo or hollowness. Poeple tell me I should buy a mixer.

My question is--can this echo be taken out in post production? Is it done with a Mackie or is it done with software like protools or is it done in editing software like FCP.

Or, if I need to buy a mixer what would people suggest and how much does it cost? I'm working on a low budget. Thanks


-- Von Billman (, January 06, 2000

Moderation questions? read the FAQ