Modifying a Graphic Back : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

Has anyone modified a Graphic back for a Burke & James or an Old Calumet 4X5 with a Graphic back (rotates 360 degrees). The current spring apparatus is marginal at best. Can these backs be converted into a Graphlok back? I'd like to simplify the back and at the same time keep the ground glass true and aligned. Any ideas or info greatly appreciated, thank you & happy thanksgiving!

-- Denis Hill (, November 22, 1999

Moderation questions? read the FAQ