How do they find You? : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

After 5 and a half years and moving house several times I have just bought a new house. After just 2 months my wife has just received a shortfall letter from a mortgage company. She is not listed on this mortgage, she is not working nor is she registered with the DHSS or the electoral role. The shortfall was from when she was single under a different name. Now they are writing to her under her married name. Before we moved to this house they were writing to us at our old address, first by her maiden name then by her married name. (That was a joint mortgage) They were also writing to her workplace and was so embarresed that she stopped work. I have not yet registered with the electoral role. How do we get away from them?

Also if she declares herself bancrupt can they touch her?

Please help!

-- John Martin (, October 09, 1999

Moderation questions? read the FAQ